Saturday 12 February 2011

True Stories: Britain's Supreme Court (More4)

Karen Hamilton's feature length documentary about the first year of Britain's Supreme Court was recently shown on More4 in the UK.

The Telegraph's Assistant Editor for Home News, Philip Johnston, wrote an interesting review of the film.



My vested interest here is that I shot a small amount of the footage in the film.  I filmed with one of the lawyers featured, and I was there for the official opening, which meant I set eyes on the Queen for the first time in my life.

I'm not really a royalist, and I don't get particularly star-struck, but there is something special about being at an event attended by her majesty - it was a great experience.

Being around the court, and talking to the men and women whose sharp legal minds determine the law, gave me a brief but fascinating insight into the running of the court.  Karen Hamilton's film allows us all that experience, and the level of access afforded to her from the Justices is remarkable.

1 comment:

  1. I am in the United States, and I cannot find any link to watch this documentary outside of the UK. Does anyone know if there is a way to watch this film in the US? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete